Sunday, March 13, 2011

Potty Training




I know very little of this subject, only that a) girls train faster than boys and b) kids with older siblings are faster learners. I have neither! Just a little boy who is scared of the potty! Where do I start? Why won't he just sit on the $40 potty chair i bought him? Why is it fun for him to watch Jeremy go, (and make bubbles) but not fun for him? For my own sanity I sure hope these questions gain answers quickly!!!

So I went everywhere in OKC today in search of those thick training underwear my mom keeps talking about, and had no luck. You know the ones that we wore 30 years ago? Apparently they have discontinued those (or so I thought) and are now making Pull-ups. I hate the concept of Pull-ups. It's a diaper! If a kid has on a 'diaper', they are going to pee in it. period. Everyone says well it is easier for them to pull them on and off. B.S. If they are able to pull down their Pull-up, then they can certainly undo a diaper!!! Besides, have you seen the price of Pull-ups? geesh!!!!Anyway back to the thick training underwear. I finally found some an Amazon.com after hours of searching and ordered them!! Why am I thinking these are going to so magic? They look magical, don't they?


3 comments:

  1. Have you tried putting him on the big potty backwards? I had a few friends tell me about it and it worked. Dawson felt much more secure on that because he could hold on to the lid. It was also a great transition for when he decided he need to stand up "like daddy." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are the ones I was talking about!!! So pretty and white - not for long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try the towel potty training method.

    ReplyDelete